SchoolAdmin provides three different address scrubbing options to provide consistency in how addresses are displayed in your system. To turn address scrubbing on, please contact SchoolAdmin Support. When address scrubbing is turned on, addresses are scrubbed via form import. To have all prior data scrubbed, please request this from SchoolAdmin Support. We will run this service manually so that all addresses meet the format you choose, as explained below.
You have three formats to choose from:
- Short Name: Ct or Ln
- Abbreviated: Ct. or Ln.
- Full: Court or Lane
The main difference between the short name and the abbreviation is the presence or absence of a period. They are populated according to the US Postal Standards, as shown here.
- Dashes are automatically added to phone numbers on the admin side, even if the parent doesn't include them when typing in their phone number in a form.
- Scrubbing for Apartment #20 vs Apt 20 isn't scrubbed for the number symbol. The abbreviation or full name will be set based on the address scrubbing you choose, as mentioned above.
Title Case will be used for all major address words and names, unless it's a camel case such as MacArthur or LaRusso.
SchoolAdmin also provides name scrubbing for consistent capitalization rules and to allow for consistency with title generation. To turn name scrubbing on and/or title generation on, please contact SchoolAdmin Support. When name scrubbing and/or title generation is turned on, names/titles are scrubbed via form import. To have all prior data scrubbed, please request this from SchoolAdmin Support. We will run this service manually so that all names meet the capitalization rules and/or all titles are generated for parents.
Name scrubbing uses the capitalization rules explained above, with the following exceptions:
- Doesn't change 2 character first names (e.g. TJ, T.J.) but does change 2 character last names (e.g. Ng)
- If a preferred name is included in the field for a parent's first name, it will be placed into the preferred name field. Ex. First name entered as "Jeffrey (Jeff)" becomes "Jeffrey" for the first name, and "Jeff" overwrites the preferred name field.
- If a suffix is detected at the end of the last name, it gets pulled out and placed in the suffix field (has to match an existing suffix ignoring capitalization and periods). Ex. "Jones, Jr." or "jones jr" would both become "Jones", overwriting the suffix with "Jr."
- A last name of "De La Cruz" will be written as "De la Cruz" with the "la" as lowercase. If it needs to be capitalized, you can edit the field within the Personal tab of the contact record.
Generate Titles for Parents
With name scrubbing, you also have the option to auto-populate titles for parents within a form. To turn title generation on, please contact SchoolAdmin Support. Since the title field cannot be marked as required within a form, the title scrubbing tool will generate titles for anyone with a parent role assigned. If a contact is entered into the form as a guardian, then a title will not be generated, since gender cannot be assumed. However, for relationship types such as mother, father, aunt, or uncle that have a role of parent, the title will be generated based on the gender of these relationship types.