The Payment History Report is a log of all payments that have been made in the system. This report is useful to see what payments have successfully gone through and to identify what payments failed and why.
- Search Options: Click to expand. You can search by First Name, Last Name, Entity (Contract, Application, etc), Payment Method, Status, Order Id, Transaction Reference and/or a specified Date Range.
- To export this data to Excel or CSV, click on Export in the upper right.
Below is an explanation of the displayed columns, which can be sorted in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column header.
- Order Id: A number that’s automatically populated to uniquely identify the transaction.
- Transaction Reference: A reference number that’s automatically populated for the transaction for the payment processor. For Stripe users, this is a direct hyperlink to the transaction in Stripe.
- Contact Name: The full name of the child that’s assigned to that fee.
- User Name: The name of the parent/payer that submitted the payment.
- Entity: The form that’s associated with that payment. For Billing Customers, there's an entity type called "Billing Payment" that will display for all tuition and fee payments included in the contract/registration form as well as any ad-hoc charges/refunds.
- Payment Method: The method of payment.
- Status: The status of the payment transaction, which includes paid, pending, and payment declined. For ACH payments, this column will display the status of that payment. Please note, ACH payments take 4-7 business days to clear, so they'll display as 'pending' during this time.
- Amount : The payment amount.
- Time : The time and date that the payment was made.
- Test Order: This box is checked to indicate payment orders that were made while the payment gateway was in test mode.
- Show: This opens a dialog box with a summary of all of the above columns as well as any messages associated with that payment such as a payment declined reason.
When you click on the 'transaction reference' link, it'll open up that transaction in your Stripe account. Below is an example of some information you'll see. The transaction reference string is displayed in the upper right above the 'refund' button.
- Net Tuition and Fees Report
- Financial Line Items Report
- Line Items Configuration - Learn how to add custom columns of data to the line items and payment history reports.
- Reconciliation/Payout Report