Year to year, your returning students will need to be rolled over in the system. This typically takes place after you've completed your annual Enrollment Refresh. (Click here to learn more). A few automatic behaviors take place when using the roll-over tool, which will help you manage next steps in the enrollment process.
Before Performing Rollover
IMPORTANT: Before you begin enrollment, please click here to learn how to activate your upcoming Enrollment term.
To locate your current students, go to your Enrollment List Page-->Enrolled Students tab.
Make sure you have the current year selected from the Terms picker at the top. For any students that withdrew in the middle of the school year, make sure you change their status to mid-year withdrawal before performing rollover. If you haven’t, select the student(s) from the list, then click on the Edit menu-->change status.
Select the mid-year withdrawal status and click next to review your changes.
Confirm your changes by clicking save.
Note: For any kids that are not returning next year, you’ll still roll them over because you need them to be active for the full current year. Once rolled over, you’ll set their status to an inactive one of not returning.
Now you’re ready to perform rollover!
The Rollover Process
Students can be rolled-over individually, in bulk, all at once, and at different times. Select all remaining students in bulk, then click on the Edit menu–> Rollover to New Term.
A dialogue box will display with the actions that take place before, during, and after roll-over. We already took care of the steps prior to rollover, so lets look at what happens once we perform rollover.
- Returning students will be promoted to the next grade, their status will be set as Enrollment in Progress, and they'll have a student type of returning. Grade promotion is based on your Grade Advancement Settings found within Settings-->General-->Grades.
- Graduating students will be marked as Alumni, unless otherwise noted in your Grade Settings.
- Students with the Midyear Withdrawal status will be marked as Former Students.
Once you click the Proceed with Rollover button, the system lets you know this action can’t be undone and asks you to confirm. Roll-over takes a few minutes. Please remember to repeat this action for any remaining pages of students. You will then be able to see your students after the roll-over is complete within the Enrollment List Page –> Students in Enrollment.
These students will now have a status of Enrollment in Progress, a student type of returning, and they’ll be assigned a Contract Status of Pending, which means it’s pending on the school to generate. If you click on the icon next to the contract status, you can preview the contract for each student before and after generating it.
Steps after Rollover
After your Students have been moved to the new year:
- Move any students who are not returning for the current term to the 'Not Enrolling' status. If your school has any custom enrollment statuses setup to define specific reasons for students that aren't returning, you can set those at this time as well.
- Move any students to Financial Hold or Academic Hold, as appropriate.
Additional Notes about Rollover:
- For a school that doesn’t have clearly defined grades: You might have programs where students are in multiple years in a row. In these cases, you may not have a promotion order setup if the student is in the same program 2 or 3 years consecutively.
- All term-based fields such as deposit, financial aid, scholarship, etc will also get setup for the new year so that you can track historical payment and fee amounts for each student.
- If a student was previously rolled-over, the roll-over tool will ignore a second roll-over, which is a safeguard against duplicating this action.
- If a student is repeating a grade or skipping a grade, you can roll them forward and then manually update their grade accordingly.
- If a student left your school for a few years and came back, you can modify the status of that student to either new or returning once they come back to your school.
- To learn how to setup and activate your new enrollment year, click here.
- To see the remaining steps for enrollment, click here.
- For more information on the contract lifecycle, click here.
- For more information on contract previews and generation, click here.
- Click here to learn about contract fees.
- Click here to learn about contract fee rules.