On a student's contact record, under the Summary tab, you have the ability to view or manage reminders, recent activity, and form/document submission history for the student. This article will discuss each of these items, or you can watch a quick overview video below.
Reminders can be set on individual contacts to manage any next steps for yourself or another team member, such as schedule parent phone screen or send soccer tournament email invite by the end of next week. The Reminders section is to the right on the Summary tab of the contact record.
Please note: Reminders cannot be set in bulk and must be set within a contact record or through a step in your automated communication plan.
Add a Reminder
To add a new Reminder, follow these steps:
- Click on the green plus sign (+) next to the Reminders heading.
- Set the Owner for the reminder by selecting from the drop-down menu.
- Set the Due Date for the reminder by selecting from the date picker.
- Type a Description (body) for your reminder
- Click on the green Save button to save the new reminder, or click the Revert button to cancel creating the new reminder.
Edit a Reminder
To edit an existing Reminder, follow these steps:
- Hover over the reminder you want to change.
- Click on the Edit (blue pencil) button that appears in the top right of the reminder.
- Make your desired changes and then click on the green Save button in the top right corner of the reminder.
Delete a Reminder
To delete an existing Reminder, follow these steps:
- Hover over the reminder you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete (red X) button that appears in the top right of the reminder.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the reminder. Click Confirm and the reminder will be permanently deleted.
View All Reminders
Reminders can be viewed in three different locations:
- In the Reminders section of the contact record with which the reminder is associated.
- In the Reminders section of the Dashboard. If you set a reminder for another team member, then it will show up in their reminder list of the Dashboard.
- As a notification by your name in the upper right of your SchoolAdmin site. If you set a reminder for another team member, then it will show up in their notification list.
How-To: Recent Activity
The Recent Activity section of the contact record is where you can track notes, activities, and emails that you send through the system.
This is a useful way to keep track of key outreach and activities, such as left a voicemail, completed phone screen, sent welcome packet, and so on. It is also a great way to have visibility on any touchpoints with the family across all of your internal team members.
The most recent activities, notes, and emails will show by default in this Recent Activity section of the contact record. To view older items, click on the blue text for 'See full activity history' in the top right of the Recent Activity section.
Add an Activity / Note
To add a new Activity, follow these steps:
- Click on the green plus sign (+) next to the Recent Activity heading.
- Type your Note text.
- Set the Activity Type (if applicable) by selecting from the drop-down menu. You can add or remove custom Activity Types on the Activity Items setup page - click here to learn more.
- Set the Visibility for the activity item. The default is visible to All. Visibility is based on the permissions set for each admin account in your site - click here to learn more.
- Set the Date for the activity by selecting from the date picker. It defaults to the current date.
- Click on the blue checkmark button to save the new activity, or click the grey X button to cancel adding the new activity.
Please note: There are a few activity types that are hardcoded and automatically set by the system:
- Online Inquiry: This activity type is recorded whenever an Inquiry form is imported into the system for the contact.
- Online Application: This activity type is recorded whenever an Application form is imported into the system for the contact.
- Application Fee: This activity type is recorded whenever an Application fee is recorded in the system.
Delete an Activity / Note
To delete an activity or note, simply hover over it in the Recent Activity section and click on the red trash can icon that appears in the bottom right of the activity/note. Please note: Sent emails cannot be deleted from the activity history.
Edit an Activity / Note
To edit an activity or note, simply hover over it in the Recent Activity section and click the area you would like to update (e.g. note text, visibility, date, etc.). Please note: Activity items can only be edited when they are on the Recent Activity section. Once they have moved to the 'Full activity history', they cannot be edited.
All emails that are sent, either individually through the contact record or in bulk, are recorded within the contact record. This includes emails that are sent manually as well as emails that are sent from automated communication plans.
If you would like to set visibility permissions for the email, you can click on this option for each email, and select the grouping from the drop-down menu. You can also click the "Click to see details" text to expand and view the entire email that was sent.
Please note: Sent emails cannot be deleted from the activity history.
How-To: Form & Document Submission History
At the bottom right section of the contact record's summary tab is the Form & Document Submission History. This is where you can view all completed forms and uploaded documents, along with their submission dates and times, for the student. Click on the name of any of the forms or documents to view or download the item.
Submitted Forms include any forms that were submitted electronically through the SchoolAdmin system (e.g. application forms, recommendations, or custom enrollment forms). Uploaded Documents include any additional documents that were uploaded to a file upload checklist item or on a document request form.