How to Add Images
To add an image to a communication template or to a parent portal template, you can do this in three different ways:
- Add an image to a template directly by clicking on the image icon.
- Drag and drop an image into a template. This will automatically add the image to your image library so that you can use it again for future communications.
- Upload an image to the File Manager, located within Settings–>General–>File Manager. Click here to learn more.
Open an email template within Settings–>Communication–>Email Templates or a letter template within Settings–>Communication–>Letter Templates. Click on the Image icon as shown below and select an image from your library.
All of the available images will display. Hover over the image you wish to add and click the plus sign to add it. If you need to delete the image, click on the trashcan.
Your image will now display within your template! Once the image has been embedded, you can customize it further.
Recommended Image Size
We suggest pre-formatting your images to 600px (length) x 100px (height) before loading them into the template so that you don't need to make adjustments each time you select the image for a new template. This will guarantee consistency in your templates across users so that the image is ready as-is. The max height we suggest is 150px.
First select your image, then perform one or more of the following:
- Alignment (1): Click on Aligns the image left, center, or right
- Delete (2): Click here to remove the image, or click the delete key
- Insert link (3): Click here to insert a URL into the image and you have the option to open the link in a new tab once the image is clicked on.
- Display (4): The image can display inline with text or you can break text and have the image embedded within existing text.
- Style (5): You can add a rounded or bordered style to your images. You can add both as well. To remove one or both of these effects, select it again.
- Alternate Text (6): Here you can set alternate text that will display if someone hovers over the image.
- Resize Image (7): Here you can change the width and height of the image by percentage values of the original image size or you can set the size in pixels. Alternatively, you can select the image and adjust the size by dragging the corners of the image in and out.
You can follow these same steps to add images for your Inquiry, Application, and/or Contract Thank you pages, located within Settings –>Portal–>Parent Portal Content.
Videos in Thank You Pages and the Contact Communication Area
Videos can be added to the following thank you pages within the Parent Portal (located within Settings-->Portal-->Parent Portal Content) via an embed link:
- Inquiry form thank you page
- Application form thank you page
- Contract thank you page (If enabled. We recommend that this page remains disabled so that parents are automatically re-directed to their Enrollment checklist upon contract submit.)
Videos can also be added to the 'Contact Communication Area' template (located within Settings-->Portal-->Parent Portal Content), which is within each student's checklist. For schools using Vidigami, click here to learn how you can add a custom picture slide-show to a child's checklist.
Video in Email
It is recommended that if you want to embedded video, use a gif or link to a hosted location like Vimeo or Youtube. You can also upload files to the SchoolAdmin 'File Manager,' which is similar to drop-box as it automatically creates a hyperlink for the file that you upload. Click here to learn more.
For schools using Vidigami, click here to learn how you can add a custom picture slide-show to your email communications that are child-specific.
To learn more about media limitations in email, please visit this help article.