Oftentimes, schools want to add a Google or Facebook tracking code into their SchoolAdmin site, so that they can track their conversions. In this article, you will find information on how to set up these tracking codes on your forms.
Please note: We currently support these codes on the Inquiry and Application Forms ONLY. They do not work on Parent Portal Content pages (e.g. inquiry or application thank you pages) at this time.
How-To: Add Google Tracking Code
1. With your existing Google account, log into Google Analytics. If you do not have a Google account, you will need to create one first.
2. Once you've logged in, navigate to the Admin menu (bottom left) and create a new Property for your SchoolAdmin site, if you do not have one already.
3. To find the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code for your SchoolAdmin property, follow these instructions:
Sign in to your Analytics account.
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info → Tracking Code.
Under Website Tracking, you will see the Global Site Tag.
4. Copy this code and paste it into a Comment Field at the very top of the first page of your Inquiry and/or Application Form. The SchoolAdmin Support Team can also assist with getting this code added to your form(s).
5. Once the updated version of your form has been published, you can verify that the tag is working by completing the form as a parent. and then checking to see that the visit is registered in the Real-Time Reports in Google Analytics.
How-To: Add Facebook Tracking Code
1. If your school does not have a Facebook account, you will need to create one and log into the Facebook Events Manager.
2. To create a new pixel for your SchoolAdmin site, you can follow these instructions:
Click the hamburger icon (≡) in the top left and select Pixels.
Click on the green Create a Pixel button.
Enter a name for the Pixel and the URL for your site, then hit Create.
3. Once the Pixel has been created, navigate to Setup and select the option to Manually Install the Code Yourself.
4. Copy the pixel code under Step #2, and paste it into a Comment Field at the very top of the first page of your Inquiry and/or Application Form. The SchoolAdmin Support Team can also assist with getting this code added to your form(s).
5. Once the form has been published, you can verify that the tag is working by sending test traffic to the pixel in Step #4 of the setup pop-up window. Simply input the URL for your inquiry or application form, and hit Send Test Traffic. To ensure that the code is working, make sure that the status changes from No Activity Yet to Active. Note that this process may take several minutes.