Schools using payment processors integrated with SchoolAdmin can collect additional fees from families on AdHoc forms. For example, you might want to have parents complete an annual field trip permission form each year during the enrollment process, and have them pay an associated field trip fee upon submission of the form. This is possible to do in SchoolAdmin with some configuration work.
Please note: Custom fees are separate from the contract fees used in the Enrollment module. Click here to learn more about contract fees.
How-To: Fee Setup
Custom fees must be configured by SchoolAdmin. To add new custom fees or update your existing ones, please contact SchoolAdmin Support with the following information:
- Fee Group Name(s) (e.g. Field Trip Fees) - used to contain related sets of fees
- Fee Name(s) (e.g. 9th Grade Field Trip Fee) - this will display on the payment page for the parent
- Fee Amount(s) for all student types
- Any Specific Conditions for who gets the fee (if applicable) - for example, if a certain group of students will have the fee waived or if there are differing amounts based on grade
- Payment Methods you would like to accept for that fee (e.g. Credit Card, Check) - please note you must already have your payment gateway set up for the selected options
How-To: Checklist Setup
Once your custom fees have been created and configured by the SchoolAdmin team, you can set up the needed checklist items to make them live for parents. Custom Fees must be tied to a form in order for parents to be able to pay through SchoolAdmin.
First, create a checklist item for the Online Form if you do not already have one.
Next, create a second checklist item with an Item Type of 'Custom Fee', then select the Fee Grouping and Associated Form from the drop-down menus under the Type heading.
Note that you select a Fee Grouping instead of a specific fee. This is because the system will automatically apply the appropriate fee(s) within that fee grouping based on the Conditions or rules that are configured on the Fee Management page.
When families log into the Parent Portal and open the associated Online Form, the last page will be the payment page and they must enter their payment information before the form can be submitted.