Admin Portal Accounts can be created, edited, and managed by a System Admin only within 'Settings' -> 'Portal' -> 'Admin Portal Accounts' in your SchoolAdmin site. Admins and User accounts do not have access to this page. From the Admin Portal Accounts page, you can see all existing Admin Accounts and their system access.
To learn what each different permission provides access to in the SchoolAdmin system, click here.
Create or Edit an Admin Account
To create a new admin account, click on the green plus sign and text for Add a new Admin towards the upper left of the page.
To edit an existing admin account, first find the account by either locating it in the list, or searching by clicking on Filter Options, typing in the name or email, then clicking Apply Filter. Once you find the desired account, click on the Edit option on the right side of the page.
Next, you can fill out the following fields:
- Email: Email address the admin/user will use to sign into SchoolAdmin (typically an official school email).
- First Name: First name for the admin account.
- Last Name: Last name for the admin account.
- Type: Account types define a specific level of access to manage system actions within your SchoolAdmin site, such as account management, system settings, deleting users, and module access. Each account type has a customizable list of viewing permissions, described below:
System Admin: A System Admin is the only account type that can create and update accounts and permissions within your site. As a best practice, we recommend setting up no more than three accounts with this level of access. In addition, only a System Admin account can manage data retention for reviews and checklist items within the Terms settings page. Click here to learn more.
Admin: Pending any limitations set by permissions, an Admin account has access to all pages and fields of the system, including Settings pages.
User: Pending any limitations set by permissions, a User account has access to all pages of the system except the Settings pages. User accounts also cannot delete contacts. For schools using the Online Review feature in SchoolAdmin, users have additional limitations. Click here to learn more.
Limited User: This is a user type for Online Reviews. A limited user with the 'Reader' permission set can review candidates assigned to them in the Review Process. They cannot see anyone else's reviews of candidates and they do not have access to any other pages of SchoolAdmin.
- Password: (Upon initial setup only) Set a password for the admin account.
- Password Confirmation: (Upon initial setup only) Retype the password for the admin account to confirm it
- Permissions: Permissions control which fields and pages the admin/user can view throughout the system. Click here to learn more about what each permission provides access to in your SchoolAdmin site.
Delete or Reset Password for an Admin Account
Any System Admin can delete admin accounts from the Admin Portal Accounts page. Simply locate the account in the list and click on the Delete option on the right side of the page. You will be asked to confirm if you want to delete the account. Please note: Deleting an admin account will remove all reminders for that admin/user. These cannot be restored.
System Admins can also send any admin/user a password reset email by clicking on the Reset Password option next to the admin account. You will be asked to confirm if you want to send the password reset email.