Within SchoolAdmin, contracts have a workflow comprised of different states as soon as new kids are moved into enrollment and when returning kids are rolled over. Click here to learn more about the different contract states. Before you generate contracts for your families, it's a best practice to preview them for all contract fees and fee rules that are setup within your site. If you haven't done so already, it's critical to review and/or update the following before you preview and generate contracts:
- Review/update all tuition and fee amounts. Click here to learn how.
- Review the list of term-based fields that reset year over year. Click here to learn more.
- Clear out any non-term based/custom fields that drive tuition and fees in bulk, such as scholarship and financial aid fields. Click here to learn how.
- Confirm that all amounts driven by business rules are populating for the right students (contract fee rules). Click here to learn more.
- If you have a list of required fields that need to be set PRIOR to contract generation, submit this list to SchoolAdmin Support so we can set these fields from the back-end of the system. Some examples include due dates for contracts and deposits that can display within the contract language via a dynamic merge token. Once you have a list of fields marked as required on the back-end, you will be asked and required to fill out the values of these fields during the contract generation process. Click here to learn more.
How to Preview Individual Contracts prior to Generation
It's a best practice to preview contracts in full from the student record prior to generation so you can check all contract fees and fee rules are populating correctly before contracts are available within the parent portal. Contracts can only be previewed in bulk after generation and not before. Make sure you preview contracts for multiple students to confirm the different fee rules. For example, a fee may only apply to 9th graders for a field trip. Check that it displays for a 9th grader and not for an 8th grader or a 10th grader.
Student Record: Individual Contract Preview
Within a student's record, click on the Mange Contract button-->Preview Contract.
This action lets you preview the student’s full contract, including all tuition and fee amounts so you can ensure all amounts are accounted for correctly. Make edits to contract fees as needed within a financial settings page or fee field within the record. Contact SchoolAdmin Support for any fee rules that need updating. Once everything looks good for all students you want to test, you're ready to generate contracts in bulk. Please note, once contracts are generated, they'll become available within the Parent Portal.
How to Preview Generated Contract Fees in Bulk
Enrollment List Page: Bulk Contract Fees Preview
Within the Enrollment List Page-->Students in Enrollment, you can preview generated contracts in bulk.
- First select the Term you want to search on at the top of the page.
- If you have a mix of contract states, you'll want to make sure you filter for 'generated' contracts only. Once you’ve set your filters, click Apply Filter.
- Click on the preview icon next to the 'generated' contract status to see a quick view of all tuition and fees for that student. Continue down your student list to preview tuition and fee amounts for additional fees and fee rules you want to test.
The preview action will display a breakdown of all tuition and fee amounts as shown below:
Tuition and Fees Report: Bulk Contract Fees Preview
Once contracts are generated, you can also preview tuition and fees for all of your students in bulk within the Enrollment List Page-->Students in Enrollment-->Tuition and Fees Report. Here you can see the payment plan for a submitted contract, tuition amounts, discounts, additional fees, financial aid/tuition assistance, and the total amount due. Click on the preview icon next to the 'generated' contract status to see a quick view of all tuition and fee amounts for that student. You'll see the same preview as the example above. Please note, If any contracts are in a 'pending' status, amounts will not display as shown below. Contract fees for pending contracts can be viewed within the 'manage contract' menu of the student record. To learn more about this report, click here.
Student Record: Individual Contract Preview
Within the 'Manage Contract' menu of the student record you have two preview options:
- The 'Preview Contract' option will open the full contract so you can navigate through each page.
- The 'Preview Tuition & Fees' option will give you the same quick-view display you see within the Enrollment List page and the Tuition & Fees Report.
Previewing the full contract is a great way to test the following:
- All contract fees and fee rules
- Contract Language
- Required fields that you set upon contract generation such as an individualized contract or deposit due date that displays within the contract language as a dynamic merge field.
- Custom contract language driven off business rules.
- If dual signature is enabled/disabled based on household setup or internal field settings.
- Any additional customizations to your process.