Within the Billing Tab-->Students page, you can manage upcoming and remaining billing amounts at the student level.
- By default all contacts are deselected across all pages.
- Header checkbox to the left of "Name" now has two different options to choose from: Select contacts on the current page, or Select all contacts across all pages.
- Any contact or multiple contacts can be deselected at anytime. Once deselected the contact's checkbox will disappear but will reappear when hovered over again.
- Contacts will stay selected when navigating to other student list pages.
Set the term/school year of students you'd like to view from the drop down menu.
Filter options allow you to drill down on student balances by grade level and overdue status. Important Note: The 'student overdue' filter option will be set to 'yes' if 1 or more billing accounts are overdue. This page will not show you which billing accounts are overdue, and should not be used for overdue account communications. Select your options and then click 'Apply Filters.'
- Name (sortable): The name of the enrolled student.
- Payment Plan (sortable): Shows the payment plan selection.
- Grade (sortable): The current grade of the student.
- Custom Columns (if set): Any custom columns that have been set within the 'List Page Configuration' page will display to the right of the 'grade' column. There are two in the example above.
- Next Date: Shows the due date for the next amount column.
- Next Amount (sortable): Will show any charges and unpaid tuition that are within the next billing cycle.
- Remaining (sortable): Shows the total of any upcoming charges and any unpaid tuition.
- Current Balance (sortable): Shows any unpaid charges that have been due or are currently due.
You can add up to 5 custom columns to this report, which will display to the right of the 'Grade' column. The examples above include 'Boarding?' and 'External ID.' Some schools want to add charges or credits in bulk according to student ID's, programs such as day/boarding/daycare/afterschool, and more which makes this customization useful. Click here to learn how.
To send an email in bulk to ALL responsible payers of selected contacts, use your filter options or select students as needed and then click on the 'Communicate' menu in the upper right.
Next, you can select your recipients such as 'responsible payers of selected contacts.' Click 'Next' and continue the remaining steps for sending emails in bulk. Click here to learn more.
*Important Note about Multiple Billing Accounts and Delinquency Communications: If you need to send an email ONLY to billing accounts/payers that are overdue or any other account level criteria, you'll need to create a filtered search within the 'Search & Reports' tab for overdue or delinquent accounts. Sending an email within this page to 'Student Overdue' is 'yes' will email all responsible payers, where only one of them might be overdue, not both since this page doesn't drill down on billing accounts.
Edit Menu: Adding Charges/Credits in Bulk
To add a charge or credit to student accounts in bulk, click on the 'Edit' menu in the upper right of the 'Students' page. *IMPORTANT NOTE: All students are selected in bulk across ALL pages of students by default. This means that if you have 4 pages of students, all 4 pages of students are selected, which means you do not need to add a charge or credit to each page of students. If you'd like to select students manually, mark the checkboxes of the student accounts you need. Once you click on the 'Edit' menu, the drop-down menu will display two options:
- Add Charge
- Add Credit
Add a Charge
To add a charge in bulk to the selected contacts, you will be asked to fill out the following information:
- Date: The date the charge is being applied to the account.
- Category: All current billing categories in your site will be available in the drop-down menu. Select the category that this charge should be assigned to.
- Description: Type a description of the charge.
- Amount: Enter the amount of the charge.
Click 'Submit' to apply the charge.
Add a Credit
To add a credit in bulk, you will be asked to fill out the following:
- Date: The date the credit is being applied to the account.
- Category: All current billing categories in your site will be available in the drop-down menu. Select the category that this credit should be assigned to.
- Description: Type a description of the credit.
- Amount: Enter the amount of the credit.
Click 'Submit' to apply the credit.