Custom statuses help schools define where their kids are throughout the process, using their own terminology. During the Admissions process, schools may want to flag what families they've interviewed, or if an Inquiry is considered 'inactive.' In Enrollment, you may have additional reasons that you'd like to note for why a family didn't enroll or isn't coming back.
*Important Note: Custom statuses are internal-facing only, and are not viewable to parents in the Parent Portal.
How to Create a Custom Status
For any Admin with Fields & Data access, you can navigate to Settings--> Fields & Data--> Custom Statuses.
Click on the green plus sign in the upper left to add a new status.
The 'Custom Status Details' window will open.
- Name (1): This is the name of your custom status which is only internal facing and not viewable by parents. It must be typed in all lowercase, as indicated in the details window. Using underscores will create a space in the name.
- Stage (2): This indicates what part of the Admissions or Enrollment process you want the custom status to appear. You can see a list of all stages and what statuses comprise each stage within the current counts section of your Dashboard.
- Type (3): This indicates if the custom status is still active in the workflow, inactive or waitlisted.
Once you type the name of your custom status, you can select the 'Stage.' Refer to the current counts in your Dashboard to see where you'd like your status to display in your workflow.
Once the stage is set you can then set the status 'Type.'
- Active: This indicates that the child is still in good standing and working their way through the Admissions/Enrollment workflow.
- Inactive: This indicates that the child is no longer in good standing or is inactive at a particular stage of the process.
- Waitlist: This indicates a custom reason for a child to be waitlisted.
Click the 'Submit' button to save your status. You'll see your custom status in the assigned stage within the current counts of your Dashboard, in your filter options and within search and reports.
You can see the details of all custom statuses in the list view. In addition, you have the ability to edit or delete each status by clicking on these actions along the right.
*Important Note about deleting a custom status: If you delete a custom status, you will need to select a new status to put the students in that were previously in the deleted status.